I’m loving these jersey necklaces. It’s like a dually awesome jewelry statement and hassle-free scarf all in one. And they are super easy to make yourself, and cost next to nothing. All you need is: boyfriend’s old t-shirt (I used two), scissors, and beads/studs/embellishments (optional).
1. Fold the shirt a couple times lengthwise for easier cutting.
2. Cut off the hem, and then continue to cut ~1 inch thick strips of jersey off the bottom of the t-shirt.
3. Stretch the loops of jersey to get the edges to curl in. Cut as many strips until you have a desired fullness. Can be as necklace-y or as scarf-like as you wish.
4. Shorten some loops by cutting and knotting at various lengths; thread beads (or add studs now or later) if desired.
5. Gather the knots and wrap them up neatly with a strip of jersey. Tie it off and hide the knot under the wraps.
30 minutes later…
Mix it up with some chains, get lengthy, pastel, mix materials, add knots, embellish, go crazy…have at it!
Some of my inspiration:
Both by KapowWow (except these are over $100!)